COVID-19 VACCINATION UPDATE – As of 27/03/2022 WA Government restrictions have eased. There are there no longer any COVID requirements applicable to the event. Just be COVID-Safe and considerate of others, thank you. Rapid Ascent.
OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM: The event program is essential reading for all event attendees and covers details like event schedule, course descriptions, car parking and more. Read it HERE.
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries:
- Entry Fees
- Group Entries
- Entry Benefits
- Kids Run
- Under 18 Years Particpant Entry Policy
- Entry and Refund Policy
- Event Rescheduling/Cancellations
ENTRY LEVEL TIME FRAME
|Base Entry||Entries received between open day and 5:00pm AEDT Friday 8th April 2022.|
|Late Entry||Entries received between 5:00pm AEDT Friday 8 April 2022 and 8:00am AEST Tuesday 3 May|
|Online Entries Close||8:00am AEST Tuesday 3 May – paper entries are available at the event (if not sold out prior)|
ENTRY FEES 2022
|CATEGORY||BASE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY|
|80km Solo Adult||$347||$387|
|80km Solo Junior (U18)||$281||$322|
|Team of 2 or 3 (male, mixed, female)||$441||$484|
|Team of 4 or 5 (male, mixed, female)||$463||$501|
|Junior Team (any combination)||$363||$413|
|Kids Run (Sunday)||$10||$10|
Margaret River Ultra Marathon entrants will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- Optional technical event t-shirt (see below) if you enter BEFORE 60 days prior to event day
- >>CLICK HERE<< to view a size chart
- 80km solo entrants receive a free sample pot of Squirrels Nut Butter all-natural anti chaff cream
- Access to the food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher wine glass trophy for 80km runners finishing under 10hrs (large) or under 14hrs (medium)
- Finisher medal for all 80km course finishers
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
As part of our increased environmental awareness, we have partnered with Plant it Forward, offering you the option to plant a tree instead of receiving your race t-shirt. If you choose this option, we will pay Plant it Forward to plant you a tree as part of their WA Trees for Change program. You can find out more here.
When: 9:30am on Sunday 8th May 2022 (before presentations)
Where: Howard Park Wines
Who: Recommended for kids Up to 12 years
How: Enter online prior to 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday prior to event day or enter at race registration. A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form.
Participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
UTMB Qualifying Race & ITRA Points
The 80km Margaret River Ultra Marathon individual race is registered with the UTMB as an official qualifying race for the UTMB World Series with a value of 3 points. The Margaret River Ultra Marathon is awarded 3 ITRA points. For further information on UTMB click here.
There is nothing like setting an objective as part of a group then working together and supporting each other to achieve your goals, and the Margaret River Ultra Marathon is the ideal goal for your running group.
As such we are providing a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more. Check out the Group Entries page for details.
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required.
As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do multiple legs whose total distance adds up to more than 20km, we require that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than 3 weeks before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete as a solo runner doing the entire 80km themselves, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Completed a minimum of 3 training runs, off-road that are at least 4hrs in length within 3 months of the race.
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program to be submitted for approval at least 12 weeks prior to the race.
- Training diary (we suggest a link to your Strava actrivities) to be submitted from 10 weeks before race day onwards so we can see if the training program is being followed
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors’ certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 80km event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event.
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 80km.
- NOTE: If a race official considers that an underage athlete is in distress at any point in the race, then the athlete must be seen by a member of the event medical team who will determine if they are fit to continue.
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering (03) 5261 5511.
If a competitor withdraws at least 23 days prior to event day they have the option of a credit or refund:
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 10% administration fee
- Refund: A refund will be offered, less 25% administration fee
If a competitor withdraws less than 23 days before event day:
- No credits or refunds will be issued
Refunds/credits must be requested in writing via [email protected]
A refund cannot be granted once a credit has been issued.
Covid-19 Travel Restrictions Withdrawal Policy
What If I cannot attend the event due to Covid-19 travel restrictions?
If you unable to attend the event based on Covid-19 travel restrictions in place 5 days prior to the event then you have the following options;
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a $25 administration fee
- Refund: A refund of your entry fee, less $75 administration fee
Refunds/credits must be requested in writing via [email protected]
- Transfer of individual race entries are NOT permitted.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event/category to a lower entry fee event/category before 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested after 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day will incur a $15 upgrade fee (plus entry fee difference), to be paid at race registration.
- Changes to team composition (changing legs or changing a team member) can be made up until online entries close at 8:00am AEST on the Tuesday before event day. Any changes made at race registration will incur a $15 fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries transferring to the new date
- If the new event date is more than 23 days after the original date and you are unable to attend a competitor may withdraw from the event according to the refund policy above.
- If the new event date is within 23 days of the original date and you cannot attend you can receive a race credit to any Rapid Ascent event less a 25% admin fee
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.