Entries are now open here.
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries:
- Entry Fees
- Group Entries
- Entry Benefits
- Kids Run
- Entry and Refund Policy
- Under 18 Years Particpant Entry Policy
- Event Rescheduling/Cancellations
Online entries will close 8:00am AEST Tuesday 5 May, 2020
ENTRY LEVEL TIME FRAME
|Early Bird||Entries received before 8:00am AEST, Wednesday 25 September 2019|
|Base Entry||Entries received between 8:00am AEST, Wednesday 25 September 2019 and 5:00pm AEST Friday 10 April 2020.|
|Late Entry||Entries received between 5:00pm AEST Friday 10 April and Saturday 9 May 2020.|
|Online Entries Close||8:00am AEST Tuesday 5 May 2020 – paper entries are available at the event.|
ENTRY FEES PER CATEGORY (2020)
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD||BASE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY|
|80km Solo Adult||$272||$315||$347|
|80km Solo Junior (U18)||$211||$251||$304|
|Team of 2 or 3 (male, mixed, female)||$357||$399||$452|
|Team of 4 or 5 (male, mixed, female)||$379||$421||$473|
|Junior Team (any combination)||$293||$335||$389|
|Kids Run (Sunday)||$10||$10||$10|
There is nothing like setting an objective as part of a group then working together and supporting each other to achieve your goals, and the Margaret River Ultra Marathon is the ideal goal for your running group.
As such we are providing a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more. Check out the Group Entries page for details.
Runners entering the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- FREE technical event t-shirt from Compress Sport (2019 pictured left, 2020 design coming soon!)
- Access to the food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher wine glass trophy for 80km runners finishing under 10hrs (large) or under 14hrs (medium)
- Finisher medal for all 80km course finishers
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
When: 9:30am on Sunday 10 May 2020 (before presentations)
Where: Cheeky Monkey
Who: Recommended for kids Up to 12 years
How: Enter online prior to 8:00am Tuesday 28 April 2020 or enter at race registration. A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form.
Participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
All entrants, solo and relay team members, will receive an official 2020 Margaret River Ultra Marathon (2019 design below, 2020 coming soon!)
Manufactured by Compress Sport, this is a technical running t-shirt made of light weight, breathable panels that’s ideal for the warm WA climate. It comes in a men’s and women’s cut and with a cool graphic designed by a local artist that we think / hope you’ll be proud to wear… What do you think?
Written notification prior to 9:00am AEST, Friday 17th April 2020:
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 15% administration fee
- Refund: A refund will be offered, less 20% administration (max fee $50)
Notification after 9:00am AEST, Friday 17th April 2020
- Credit: No credit will be issued
- Refund: No refund will be issued
Refunds must be requested in writing via [email protected]
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 8:00am AEST on Tuesday 5 May 2020.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event/category to a lower entry fee event/category before 8:00am AEST on Tuesday 5 May 2020. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded. Eg Team of 5 change to a Solo entry = no refund or credit on gap in entry fee.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to one week before the event for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested within one week of race day will incur a $15 upgrade fee (plus entry fee difference).
- Changes to team composition can be made up until online entries close at 8:00am AEST Tuesday 5 May. Any changes made at race registration will incur a $10 fee.
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required.
As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do multiple legs whose total distance adds up to more than 20km, we require that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete as a solo runner doing the entire 80km themselves, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Completed a minimum of 3 training runs, off-road that are at least 4hrs in length within 3 months of the race.
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event.
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors’ certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 80km event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event.
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 80km.
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering (03) 5261 5511.
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.