Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries:
- Entry Fees
- Group Entries
- Entry Benefits
- Kids Run
- Under 18 Years Particpant Entry Policy
- Entry and Refund Policy
- Event Rescheduling/Cancellations
ENTRY LEVEL TIME FRAME
|Early Bird||Entries received before 8:00am AEST, Thursday 10 December 2020|
|Base Entry||Entries received between 8:00am AEST, Thursday 10 December 2020 and 5:00pm AEDT Friday 2nd April 2021.|
|Late Entry||Entries received between 5:00pm AEDT Friday 2nd April 2021 and 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April|
|Online Entries Close||8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April – paper entries are available at the event|
ENTRY FEES PER CATEGORY (2021)
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD||BASE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY|
|80km Solo Adult||$281||$324||$357|
|80km Solo Junior (U18)||$217||$259||$313|
|Team of 2 or 3 (male, mixed, female)||$368||$411||$466|
|Team of 4 or 5 (male, mixed, female)||$390||$434||$487|
|Junior Team (any combination)||$302||$345||$401|
|Kids Run (Sunday)||$10||$10||$10|
The first 1000 runners (solo or team entries) to enter the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- FREE technical event t-shirt from Compressport (2020 pictured above, 2021 coming soon!) >>CLICK HERE<< to view a size chart
- 80km solo entrants receive a free sample pot of Squirrels Nut Butter all-natural ant chafe
- Access to the food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher wine glass trophy for 80km runners finishing under 10hrs (large) or under 14hrs (medium)
- Finisher medal for all 80km course finishers
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
All entrants (solo and relay team members), will receive an official 2021 Margaret River Ultra Marathon (2020 design pictured below, 2021 coming soon!)
Manufactured by Compressport, this is a technical running t-shirt made of light weight, breathable panels that’s ideal for the warm WA climate. It comes in a men’s and women’s cut and with a cool graphic designed by a local artist that we think / hope you’ll be proud to wear…
When: 9:30am on Sunday 2nd May 2020 (before presentations)
Where: Cheeky Monkey
Who: Recommended for kids Up to 12 years
How: Enter online prior to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April or enter at race registration. A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form.
Participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
UTMB Qualifying Race
The 80km Margaret River Ultra Marathon individual race is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) as an official qualifying race for the UTM with a value of 3 points. For further information on UTMB click here.
There is nothing like setting an objective as part of a group then working together and supporting each other to achieve your goals, and the Margaret River Ultra Marathon is the ideal goal for your running group.
As such we are providing a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more. Check out the Group Entries page for details.
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required.
As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do multiple legs whose total distance adds up to more than 20km, we require that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete as a solo runner doing the entire 80km themselves, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Completed a minimum of 3 training runs, off-road that are at least 4hrs in length within 3 months of the race.
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event.
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors’ certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 80km event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event.
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 80km.
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering (03) 5261 5511.
If a competitor withdraws prior to 8:00am AEST, Friday 9 April 2021 they have the option of a credit or refund:
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 15% administration fee
- Refund: A refund will be offered, less 20% administration (max fee $50)
If a competitor withdraws after 8:00am AEST, Friday 9 April 2021:
- Credit: No credit will be issued
- Refund: No refund will be issued
Refunds must be requested in writing via [email protected]
Forced Withdrawal Policy
I Am Travelling From A State With Border Controls (14 Day Quarantine) Or A “Hotspot”, What If I Am Forced To Withdraw?
Based on information available at 8:00am Saturday 24 April – if border controls in your home state / country restrict your from participating in the event (i.e. your state borders are closed and you’d need to quarantine for 14 days upon return to your state), or you are from a “hotspot” postcode, meaning you are forced to withdraw due to these restrictions… THEN you are eligible for a credit (less $20 admin fee) or refund (less $50 admin fee) of your entry fees.
Please contact [email protected] to make arrangements.
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event/category to a lower entry fee event/category before 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded. Eg Team of 5 change to a Solo entry = no refund or credit on gap in entry fee.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested after 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April will incur a $15 upgrade fee (plus entry fee difference).
- Changes to team composition (changing legs or changing a team member) can be made up until online entries close at 8:00am AEST Tuesday 27 April. Any changes made at race registration will incur a $10 fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date a competitor may withdraw from the event according to the refund policy above.
If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee less an administration fee.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.