The EVENT PROGRAM for 2020 Margaret River Ultra Marathon is now available and is essential reading for all event attendees (runners and supporters) with schedule, course details, maps and more. READ IT HERE.
All event attendees are asked to read and follow the >>COVID-19 Event Safety Plan<<
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Margaret River Ultra Marathon on 17 October 2020 WILL GO AHEAD as planned. If the WA border is still closed (to any or all states – including Victoria) we will still conduct the event with an experienced event crew. Keep training – stay safe.
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about entries:
- Entry Fees
- Group Entries
- Entry Benefits
- Kids Run
- Under 18 Years Particpant Entry Policy
- Entry and Refund Policy
- Event Rescheduling/Cancellations
ENTRY LEVEL TIME FRAME
|Early Bird||Entries received before 8:00am AEST, Wednesday 25 September 2019|
|Base Entry||Entries received between 8:00am AEST, Wednesday 25 September 2019 and 5:00pm AEST Friday 25th September 2020.|
|Late Entry||Entries received between 5:00pm AEST Friday 25th September and Saturday 17th October 2020.|
ENTRY FEES PER CATEGORY (2020)
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD||BASE ENTRY||LATE ENTRY|
|80km Solo Adult||$272||$315||$347|
|80km Solo Junior (U18)||$211||$251||$304|
|Team of 2 or 3 (male, mixed, female)||$357||$399||$452|
|Team of 4 or 5 (male, mixed, female)||$379||$421||$473|
|Junior Team (any combination)||$293||$335||$389|
|Kids Run (Sunday)||$10||$10||$10|
UTMB Qualifying Race
The 80km Margaret River Ultra Marathon individual race is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) as an official qualifying race for the UTM with a value of 3 points. For further information on UTMB click here.
There is nothing like setting an objective as part of a group then working together and supporting each other to achieve your goals, and the Margaret River Ultra Marathon is the ideal goal for your running group.
As such we are providing a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more. Check out the Group Entries page for details.
The first 1000 runners (solo or team entries) to enter the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
>>CLICK HERE<< to view a size chart
- FREE technical event t-shirt for the first 1,000 entrants (solo or team) from Compressport (pictured above)
- 80km solo entrants receive a free sample pot of Squirrels Nut Butter all-natural ant chafe
- Access to the food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher wine glass trophy for 80km runners finishing under 10hrs (large) or under 14hrs (medium)
- Finisher medal for all 80km course finishers
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
When: 9:30am on Sunday 18th May 2020 (before presentations)
Where: Cheeky Monkey
Who: Recommended for kids Up to 12 years
How: Enter online prior to 8:00am AEDT Tuesday 13th October 2020 or enter at race registration. A parent / guardian will be required to attend Registration to complete the entry form.
Participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
Our first 1,000 entrants (solo and relay team members), will receive an official 2020 Margaret River Ultra Marathon
Manufactured by Compressport, this is a technical running t-shirt made of light weight, breathable panels that’s ideal for the warm WA climate. It comes in a men’s and women’s cut and with a cool graphic designed by a local artist that we think / hope you’ll be proud to wear… What do you think?
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required.
As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do multiple legs whose total distance adds up to more than 20km, we require that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete as a solo runner doing the entire 80km themselves, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Completed a minimum of 3 training runs, off-road that are at least 4hrs in length within 3 months of the race.
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations. Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event.
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors’ certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 80km event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event.
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 80km.
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering (03) 5261 5511.
What do I do if I am travelling from interstate and the WA state borders are closed when the event is on. Am I forced to withdraw and what refund do I get?
Yes, there are two options for withdrawing:
1 – VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL – If you wish to withdraw (due to injury…) prior to 8:00am AEST, Friday 25th September 2020, you have the option of receiving a credit (less 20% admin fee, capped at $50) or a refund (less 15% admin fee)- as per Refund Policy below.
2 – FORCED WITHDRAWAL – Based on information available at 8:00am AEST Friday 2 October 2020 – if Western Australian border controls and/or the border controls in your home state / country restrict you from participating in the event (i.e. the state borders are closed and you’d need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival), THEN you are eligible for a full credit or refund of your entry fees without any admin fee.
Please contact [email protected] to make arrangements.
If a competitor withdraws prior to 8:00am AEST, Friday 25th September 2020 they have the option of a credit or refund:
- Credit: Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 15% administration fee
- Refund: A refund will be offered, less 20% administration (max fee $50)
If a competitor withdraws after 8:00am AEST, Friday 25th September 2020:
- Credit: No credit will be issued
- Refund: No refund will be issued
Refunds must be requested in writing via [email protected]
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 8:00am AEDT on Tuesday 13 October 2020.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event/category to a lower entry fee event/category before 8:00am AEDT on Tuesday 13 October 2020. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded. Eg Team of 5 change to a Solo entry = no refund or credit on gap in entry fee.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to one week before the event for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry upgrades requested within one week of race day will incur a $15 upgrade fee (plus entry fee difference).
- Changes to team composition can be made up until online entries close at 8:00am AEDT on Tuesday 13 October 2020. Any changes made at race registration will incur a $10 fee.
If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date a competitor may withdraw from the event according to the refund policy above.
If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee less an administration fee.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.