OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM: The window below displays the Event Program and is essential reading for all event attendees and covers details like event schedule, course descriptions, rules and all else. Read it at least twice before attending the event.
Index to race logistical information:
- Race Registration
- Competitor Briefing
- Race Venue/ Event Centre
- On Course Nutrition and Hydration
- Competitor Services – includes Bus transportation, Bag transfers, Massage, Medical, Results, Social Functions / Entertainment
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm Friday 6th May at Howard PArk Wines (Fifty One Road, Wilyabrup WA)
A competitor briefing will be held for all runners (solo and teams), at Howard Park Wines. The briefing will also be streamed live on Facebook @RapidAscentUltraRunningEvents.
- 6:30pm Friday 6th May at Howard Park Wines (Fifty One Road, Wilyabrup WA)
Race Start – Saturday 7th May
6.15am SOLO runners – on the beach at Hamelin Bay
8:00am TEAM runners – on the beach at Hamelin Bay
Running along trails that take all that the region has to offer is truly amazing. Such a motivational and inspiring event that makes me want to keep coming back. – 2021 Competitor
Location: Howard Park Wines: Fifty One Rd, Wilyabrup WA 6280.
The following services, facilities and activities will take place here:
- Race HQ including competitor registration, event notice board and more
- Finish Line for solo and relay teams
- Pop-up retail store by Tribe&Trails
- Siras Performance sport nutrition, hydration and recovery stand – for samples and sales
- A huge range of food options from a number of food vans in the expo area
- Wine tastings and sales from the Howard Park Cellar Door
- Beer sales from the Cheeky Monkey event bar
- Event merchandise stand – selling hoodies, hats and buffs
- Bag storage area for runners’ clothing during the race
- Medical assistance station
- Live music and commentary on the race finish (on Saturday afternoon and Sunday presentations)
On course checkpoints
- Checkpoint 1: 11.5km at the Boranup Campsite.
- Checkpoint 2: 29.5km at the Contos Campground
- Checkpoint 3: 49km Riflebutts Reserve, Gnarabup
- Checkpoint 4: 67.5km Gracetown.
Nutrition and hydration at checkpoints
The following nutrition and hydration will be available for solo and relay team runners at each checkpoint (CPs):
CP1 at Boranup Campsite AND CP2 at Conto Campsite
- Tailwind Endurance Fuel sports drink powder – you mix it to your desired strength
- Sandwiches – sweet (eg. jam) and savoury (eg. vegemite and cheese)
- Bananas, oranges and watermellon
- Banana cake and/or honey and oat slice
- Snakes and lollies
- ANZAC biscuits / wheatbix slice
- Small packets of potato crisps or Shapes (salty)
- Cold boiled chat potatoes with salt
CP3 at Riflebutts Reserve AND CP4 at Gracetown
- All the items listed for CP1 and 2 above PLUS:…
- Warm foods in paper cups such as: chicken noodle soup (CP3) and minestrone soup (CP4), two minute noodles…
- Cold quinoa salad
- Hot water and cups so you can make your own tea and instant coffee
Considerably more information on Checkpoints can also be found on the Support Crew page here
The following competitor services are provided to competitors to make your run as enjoyable, and straight forward as possible.
Finish line to the Start line:
- Bus transport is available for runners on race morning from the FINISH at Howard Park Wines to the START at Hamelin Bay.
- $25 pp
- PRE-BOOK! Purchase during online entry; or the merchandise page
- The bus will depart from Howard Park Wines at 5:00am
- Note: This is more relevant to solo runners who do not have a support crew but is accessible for anyone who needs it.
- Please note bus bookings close at 8:00am AEST Tuesday 3rd May
Finish line to Check points:
- Bag transport available for competitors to each checkpoint, and back again once you’ve gone through.
- Drop at the Registration marquee at the Finish line (Howard Park Wines)
- Bags to be transported must be in a sealed bag, with your race number and checkpoint location clearly marked on the top. One bag no heavier than 10kg per person.
Start line to Finish line:
- Bag transport available from the start line at Hamelin bay back to the finish at the Howard Park Wines
- Please ensure clothing/bag is clearly labelled with your race number and name.
To be Confirmed
A comprehensive medical team will be attending the event to assist with any first aid or medical accidents that occur to competitors or support crew during the event. This will include event paramedic(s)
RESULTS / RESULTS CENTRE
Results will be uploaded to the event website as soon as all competitors have finished, and will be printed and posted to the event notice board at the event expo for viewing Saturday and Sunday.
Official result presentations on Sunday 8th May 10:00am at Howard Park Wines.
Live Event Splits
Live splits from each check point will be sent directly to the web (and a mobile friendly website) during the race so you can track specific runners and see the overall and category results during the event. The live result links will be posted to the event homepage www.MRultramarathon.com.au and results.
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS / ENTERTAINMENT
Location: Howard Park Wines, Fifty One Rd, Wilyabrup WA
- FRIDAY 6TH MAY
- Food vendors at Howard Park will be open for meals, snacks and drinks during Registration (from 5pm) and before/after the competitor briefing at 6:30pm.
- SATURDAY 7TH MAY – RACE DAY:
- 1pm – 6pm
- Event expo including live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at Howard Park Wines!
- Finishers in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will keep crossing the finish line until approx 12:00am.
- Various food and drink offers available from food vendors plus the Cheeky Monkey bar.
- SUNDAY 8TH MAY :
- 9:30am: Kids’ Run event at Howard Park Wines
- 10:00am Presentations for the Margaret River Ultra Marathon – Howard Park Wines
- Food and drink offers available at Howard Park Wines.