Index to race logistical information:
- Race Registration
- Competitor Briefing
- Race Venue/ Event Centre
- On Course Nutrition and Hydration
- Competitor Services – includes Bus transportation, Bag transfers, Massage, Medical, Results, Social Functions / Entertainment
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm Friday 30th April at The Cheeky Monkey (4259 Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA)
A competitor briefing will be held for all runners (solo and teams), at The Cheeky Monkey. The briefing will also be streamed live on Facebook @RapidAscentUltraRunningEvents.
- 6:30pm Friday 30th April at The Cheeky Monkey (4259 Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA)
Location: The Cheeky Monkey Brewery and Cidery: 4259 Caves Rd, Wilyabrup WA 6280.
The following services, facilities and activities will take place here:
- Race HQ including competitor registration, event notice board and more
- Finish Line for solo and relay teams
- Massage provided by Rural Fitness on a user pays basis
- Event merchandise stand – selling hoodies, hats and buffs
- Bag storage area for runners’ clothing during the race
- Coffee, food and drinks from The Cheeky Monkey
- Cellar Door sales for Burton Creek winery
- Medical assistance station
- Live music and commentary on the race finish (on Saturday afternoon and Sunday presentations)
7.00am Saturday 1st May – on the beach at Hamelin Bay
The race will commence with a spectacular mass start on the beach at Hamelin Bay.
On course checkpoints
- Checkpoint 1: 10.5km at the Boranup Campsite.
- Checkpoint 2: 28.5km at the Contos Campground
- Checkpoint 3: 48km Riflebutts Reserve, Gnarabup
- Checkpoint 4: 67km Gracetown.
Nutrition and hydration at checkpoints
The following nutrition and hydration will be available for runners at each checkpoint (CPs):
CP1 at Boranup Campsite AND CP2 at Conto Campsite
- Tailwind Endurance Fuel sports drink and water. BYO containers.
- Sandwiches – sweet (eg. jam) and savoury (eg. vegemite and cheese)
- Fruit cake and/or honey and oat slice
- Snakes and lollies
- Small packets of potato crisps or Shapes (salty)
- Cold boiled chat potatoes with salt
CP3 at Riflebutts Reserve AND CP4 at Gracetown
- All the items listed for CP1 and 2 above PLUS:…
- Warm foods in paper cups such as: veggie + noodle soup, two minute noodles…
- Cold quinoa salad
- Hot water and cups so you can make your own tea and instant coffee
Considerably more information on Checkpoints can also be found on the Support Crew page here
The following competitor services are provided to competitors to make your run as enjoyable, and straight forward as possible.
Finish line to the Start line:
- Bus transport is available for runners on race morning from the FINISH at the Cheeky Monkey to the START at Hamelin Bay.
- $25 pp
- PRE-BOOK! Purchase during online entry; or the merchandise page
- The bus will depart from The Cheeky Monkey at 5:30am
- Note: This is more relevant to solo runners who do not have a support crew but is accessible for anyone who needs it.
- Please note bus bookings close at 8:00am AEST Thursday 22nd April
Finish line to Check points:
- Bag transport available for competitors to each checkpoint, and back again once you’ve gone through.
- Drop at the Registration marquee at the Finish line (Cheeky Monkey)
- Bags to be transported must be in a sealed bag, with your race number and checkpoint location clearly marked on the top. One bag no heavier than 10kg per person.
Start line to Finish line:
- Bag transport available from the start line at Hamelin bay back to the finish at the Cheeky Monkey
- Please ensure clothing/bag is clearly labelled with your race number and name.
RURAL FITNESS MASSAGE
Rural Fitness will be set up in the Event Expo at the Cheeky Monkey on Friday 4:00pm – 7:30pm and Saturday 2:00pm – late and Sunday 8:30am – 10:30am. Pricing: $20 for 15mins. They also provide professional strapping services with $20 per application. Contact Paula to make a booking or for further details: 0427 553 533, email – [email protected]
A comprehensive medical team will be attending the event to assist with any first aid or medical accidents that occur to competitors or support crew during the event. This will include an event doctor
RESULTS / RESULTS CENTRE
Results will be uploaded to the event website as soon as all competitors have finished, and will be printed and posted to the event notice board at the event expo for viewing Saturday and Sunday.
Official result presentations on Sunday 2nd May 10:00am at The Cheeky Monkey.
Live Event Splits
Live splits from each check point will be sent directly to the web (and a mobile friendly website) during the race so you can track specific runners and see the overall and category results during the event. The live result links will be posted to the event homepage www.MRultramarathon.com.au and results.
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS / ENTERTAINMENT
Location: Cheeky Monkey Brewery and Cidery, Caves Road, Wilyabrup WA
- FRIDAY 30th APRIL
- The Cheeky Monkey will be open for meals, snacks and drinks during Registration (from 5pm) and before/after the competitor briefing at 6:30pm.
- SATURDAY 1ST MAY – RACE DAY:
- 1pm – 6pm
- Event expo including live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at The Cheeky Monkey! Don’t forget the kids playground!
- Finishers in the Margaret River Ultra Marathon will keep crossing the finish line until approx 12:00am.
- Food and drink offers available at the Cheeky Monkey.
- SUNDAY 2ND MAY :
- 9:30am: Kids’ Run event at The Cheeky Monkey
- 10:00am Presentations for the Margaret River Ultra Marathon – The Cheeky Monkey
- Food and drink offers available at the Cheeky Monkey.