The following services and provisions are made for all competitors in the events:
Race pack collection / Registration
(You can collect race packs on behalf of someone else and only 1 team member per team is required at registration)
- 80KM ULTRA: 3:00pm – 7:30pm Friday 10 May at Howard Park (late collection at Hamelin Bay by prior arrangement)
- 42KM MARATHON: 10:00am – 2:00pm Saturday 11 May at Howard Park (late collection at Yallingup by prior arrangement)
Competitor briefings will be held for the 80km ultra and 42km marathon at Howard Park as below. The briefings will also be streamed live on Facebook @RapidAscentUltraRunningEvents.
- 80KM ULTRA: 6:30pm Friday 10 May at Howard Park
- 42KM MARATHON: 2:00pm Saturday 11 May at Howard Park
- 80KM ULTRA: 6:15am Saturday SOLO runners – on the beach at Hamelin Bay
- 80KM ULTRA: 8:00am Saturday TEAM runners – on the beach at Hamelin Bay
- 42KM MARATHON: 8:00am Sunday – on the beach at Yallingup
Running along trails that take all that the region has to offer is truly amazing. Such a motivational and inspiring event that makes me want to keep coming back. – 2021 Competitor
Location: Howard Park: Fifty One Rd, Wilyabrup WA 6280.
The following services, facilities and activities will take place at Howard Park all weekend:
- Race HQ including competitor registration, event notice board and more
- Finish Line for both the 80km Ultra and 42km Marathon
- Pop-up retail store by Tribe&Trails and other sponsors
- Hyperice Recovery Centre
- A huge range of food options from a number of food vans in the expo area
- Wine tastings and sales from the Howard Park Cellar Door
- Beer and wine sales from the Cheeky Monkey and Howard Park event bars
- Event merchandise stand – selling hoodies, hats and buffs
- Bag storage area for runners’ clothing during the race
- Medical assistance station
- Live music and commentary on the race finish
We understand that the challenge of running 80km or 42km or in a team is hard enough without having to juggle difficult logistics and event requirements on the day. As such, we will be providing the following services to competitors to help make your run as enjoyable, and straight forward as possible.
Finish line to the Start line:
- Bus transport is available for runners on race morning from the FINISH to the respective START LINES:
- 80KM ULTRA – departing Howard Park at 5:00am on Saturday morning to Hamelin Bay
- 42KM MARATHON – departing Howard Park at 7:00am on Sunday morning to Yallingup
- $25 pp – must be prebooked during online entry; or the merchandise page
- Please note bus bookings close at 8:00am AEST Tuesday 2 May
DROP BAG TRANSFERS
Finish line to Check points – for both 80KM ULTRA and 42KM MARATHON runners:
- Bag transport available for competitors to each checkpoint, and back to Howard Park
- Drop at bag drop marquees in th eevent expo area at Howard Park
- Bags to be transported must be in a sealed bag, with your race number and checkpoint location clearly marked on the top. One bag no heavier than 10kg per person.
Start line to Finish line:
- Bag transport available from the start line at Hamelin Bay and Yallingup to the finish at the Howard Park
- Please ensure clothing/bag is clearly labelled with your race number and name.
ATHLETE RECOVERY CENTRE
We will have a Recovery marquee set up in the event expo open for all runners – manned by the crew from the Reflex Physiotherapy in Margaret River. The marquee will be stocked with a range of HyperICE recovery gear that is free for anyone to use, including: massage guns, compression boots, anti gravity chairs, vibrating massage rollers and yoga mats.
Reflex Physiotherapy will also be providing massage, taping and injury assessment / treatment over the weekend – exact times tbc. THIS IS POPULAR SO BOOK AHEAD by calling 08 9700 9024 or booking online HERE >>
A comprehensive medical team will be attending the event to assist with any first aid or medical accidents that occur to competitors or support crew during the event. This will include event paramedic(s)
RESULTS / RESULTS CENTRE
Results will be uploaded to the event website as soon as all competitors have finished, and will be printed and posted to the event notice board at the event expo for viewing Saturday and Sunday.
Live Event Splits
Live splits from each check point will be sent directly to the web (and a mobile friendly website) during the race so you can track specific runners and see the overall and category results during the event. The live result links will be posted to the event homepage www.MRultramarathon.com.au and results.
SOCIAL FUNCTIONS / ENTERTAINMENT
Location: Howard Park, Fifty One Rd, Wilyabrup WA
- 3:00pm – 8:00pm Event expo open including sponsors stands, live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at Howard Park
- 6:00pm – Elite Athlete Q&A
- 6:30pm – 80km Ultra Competitor Briefing
- 10:00am – 8:00pm – Event expo open including sponsors stands, live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at Howard Park
- 1:00pm – 12:00am Finishers in the 80km Ultra Marathon crossing the finish line
- 2:00pm – 42km Marathon Competior Briefing
- 9:00am – 3:00pm Event expo open including sponsors stands, live music, food, drinks, massage and entertainment at Howard Park
- 9:30am – Kids’ Run event at Howard Park Wines
- 10:00am – Presentations for the 80km Ultra – Howard Park
- 2:00pm – Presentations for the 42km Marathon – Howard Park.