The following categories will be recognised as part of the 2022 Margaret River Ultra Marathon with categories being determined by your age on race day, Saturday 7 May 2022.
Individual runners doing the entire 80km solo
- Under 20yrs Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60+yrs Male and Female
Relay teams of 2 or 3 runners: (80km)
Relay teams with either 2 or 3 runners completing the 80km course.
Relay teams of 4 or 5 runners: (80KM)
Relay teams with either 4 or 5 runners completing the 80km course.
A fun, kid’s run conducted on Sunday immediately before presentations at Howard Park Wines.
No categories because there are no results. It is a run, not a race.
The following prizes / medals / trophies will be awarded to category winners in the 2022 Margaret River Ultra Marathon.
Overall Individuals 80km (irrespective of age):
- 1st male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack, PLUS FREE entry to the Surf Coast Century 2022 and $500 travel allowance.
- 1st place will also get their name on the magnificent perpetual (separate male and female) trophy
- 2nd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack
- 3rd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack.
Individual Age Category
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each individual age category for the 80km will receive a medal.
Relay Teams: (80KM)
- A Medal/Trophy will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each relay team category (Male, Mixed and Female) for Teams of 2-3 AND Teams of 4-5.
- BONUS, the fastest team overall, regardless of 2, 3, 4 or 5 runners will receive a FREE team entry to the Surf Coast Century 2022 and $500 travel allowance**
**for the team (not each).
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in less than 10hrs will receive a large wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in a time between 10hrs and 14hrs will receive a medium wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- All finishers outside of the wine glass cut-offs will receive a finishers medal.
No awards as this is a RUN, not a race. Plenty of SPOT PRIZES though!
UTMB Qualifying Race & ITRA Points
The 80km Margaret River Ultra Marathon individual race is registered with the UTMB as an official qualifying race for the UTMB World Series with a value of 3 points. The Margaret River Ultra Marathon is awarded 3 ITRA points. For further information on UTMB click here.