The following categories will be recognised as part of the 2020 Margaret River Ultra Marathon with categories being determined by your age on race day, Saturday 9th May 2020.
Individual runners doing the entire 80km themselves
- Under 20yrs Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60+yrs Male and Female
Relay teams of 2 or 3 runners: (80km)
Relay teams with either 2 or 3 runners completing the 80km course.
Relay teams of 4 or 5 runners: (80KM)
Relay teams with either 4 or 5 runners completing the 80km course.
A fun, kid’s run conducted on Sunday immediately before presentations at the Cheeky Monkey.
- No categories because there are no results. It is a run, not a race.
The following prizes / medals / trophies will be awarded to category winners in the 2019 Margaret River Ultra Marathon.
Overall Individuals 80km (irrespective of age):
- 1st male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack
- 1st place will also get their name on the magnificent perpetual (separate male and female) trophy
- 2nd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack
- 3rd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack.
Individual Age Category
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each individual age category for the 80km will receive a medal.
Relay Teams: (80KM)
- A Medal/Trophy will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each relay team category (Male, Mixed and Female) for Teams of 2-3 AND Teams of 4-5.
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in less than 10hrs will receive a large wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in a time between 10hrs and 14hrs will receive a medium wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- All finishers who complete the 80km course will receive a finishers medal.
No awards as this is a RUN, not a race. Plenty of SPOT PRIZES though!
ITRA pts / UTMB qualifying race
The Margaret River Ultra Marathon 80km individual race is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and will provide successful runners with ITRA points (to help runners qualify for large international races), and UTMB points as an official qualifying race for this iconic event:
- ITRA rating: 3 Endurance Points, 2 Mountain Points and Finisher Rating of 260.
- UTMB points: 3 Points (new system).