OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM: The event program is essential reading for all event attendees and covers details like event schedule, course descriptions, car parking and more. Read it HERE.
The following categories will be recognised as part of the 2022 Margaret River Ultra Marathon with categories being determined by your age on race day, Saturday 7 May 2022.
Individual runners doing the entire 80km solo
- Under 20yrs Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60+yrs Male and Female
Relay teams of 2 or 3 runners: (80km)
Relay teams with either 2 or 3 runners completing the 80km course.
Relay teams of 4 or 5 runners: (80KM)
Relay teams with either 4 or 5 runners completing the 80km course.
A fun, kid’s run conducted on Sunday immediately before presentations at Howard Park Wines.
No categories because there are no results. It is a run, not a race.
The following prizes / medals / trophies will be awarded to category winners in the 2022 Margaret River Ultra Marathon.
Overall Individuals 80km (irrespective of age):
- 1st male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack, PLUS FREE entry to the Surf Coast Century 2022 and $500 travel allowance.
- 1st place will also get their name on the magnificent perpetual (separate male and female) trophy
- 2nd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack
- 3rd male / female: will receive a trophy/medal and prize pack.
Individual Age Category
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each individual age category for the 80km will receive a medal.
Relay Teams: (80KM)
- A Medal/Trophy will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each relay team category (Male, Mixed and Female) for Teams of 2-3 AND Teams of 4-5.
- BONUS, the fastest team overall, regardless of 2, 3, 4 or 5 runners will receive a FREE team entry to the Surf Coast Century 2022 and $500 travel allowance**
**for the team (not each).
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in less than 10hrs will receive a large wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- Individual finishers who complete the 80km course in a time between 10hrs and 14hrs will receive a medium wine glass trophy in recognition of their accomplishment.
- All finishers outside of the wine glass cut-offs will receive a finishers medal.
No awards as this is a RUN, not a race. Plenty of SPOT PRIZES though!
UTMB Qualifying Race & ITRA Points
The 80km Margaret River Ultra Marathon individual race is registered with the UTMB as an official qualifying race for the UTMB World Series with a value of 3 points. The Margaret River Ultra Marathon is awarded 3 ITRA points. For further information on UTMB click here.